Senior Front-End Engineer
Duro Labs (www.durolabs.co) is a leading provider of hardware development and manufacturing resources - helping early stage hardware product companies bridge the gap from prototype to production. Based in Los Angeles, we are expanding our services to include state of the art B2B software applications to support the manufacturing of innovative hardware in the IoT, VR/AR, and Home Automation markets.
Efficiency is what we’re all about. Startup teams don’t have the time or the money to waste on mundane tasks. Duro’s B2B software solutions can efficiently keep track of users’ bill of materials, supply chain, and product lifecycle data - letting the engineering teams focus on what they love to do - building cool hardware products! We strongly believe through use of modern, automated software tools, manufacturing data management can be simplified and completely risk mitigated.
We are looking for a senior front-end web developer to architect and build the UI for our product lifecycle management SaaS application. Hopefully you are as passionate about well-designed UI’s as we are. We hate excessive mouse clicks! As the lead front-end developer, you will be working with the UX team to finalize UI designs and user workflows, and then build the designs using React or Angular. We are expecting you to be passionate about establishing best practices in front-end architecture and development and help set the culture in our engineering team.
Following industry best practices leveraging Continuous Integration, Pair Programming, and Agile development, we have built a small fast paced engineering team constantly delivering high quality software. We want you to be a part of this team to bring your own experiences and ideas to help continuously improve our performance.
- Design, develop, and maintain an efficient front-end architecture for all Duro SaaS applications
- Translate wireframes and UX insight reports into working production front-end code
- Build and maintain front-end libraries and frameworks
- Maintain high code quality through unit tests and test-driven development
- Implement metrics to maintain performance across browsers and operating systems
- Develop highly efficient and extensible code to ensure successful product launches and code maintainability
- Continuously improve functionality and performance of our automated build and test resources
- Bachelor or Masters in Computer Science
- Excellent software architecture skills and a passion for maintainable, organized code
- Proven record designing and implementing highly-optimized web experiences
- Experience with CSS preprocessors SASS/LESS